PTO Meeting March 2019

March 19th, 2019

PTO meeting Called to order at 6:40

Approval of minutes-

Tina McNamee motioned to approve, Sara Mcfadden 2nd

Presidents Report

  • Congratulations to the young authors who won at each grade level. Those chosen will go up against the other schools in the district. Additional info can be found on district website.

  • Spring Carnival still needs volunteers, link in blast and within PTO website.

  • Yearbooks are on sale now, purchase by April 5th. We will order a limited amount of extras.

  • Daddy/Daughter is sold out. Had to limit to 150 people for fire code. Others will be turned away. We will make sure this message gets blasted.

  • All Abilities Committee was supposed to come present so they can’t make it, but they will come in April. Janessa and Mickey are spear heading this for next year.

VP Report

  • Thank the Larson and Smith family for an amazing VShow!

Treasurer Report

  • $77 from Amazon

  • Pizza day has some expenses for the rest of the year.

  • VShow revenue did very well, expenses quite low so far.

  • Spring Carnival, Promotion party, and End of Year Picnic will have some expenses.

  • Brandy is doing great job with spirit wear!

  • Enrichment fund still has $5,000 so hopefully the teachers will use that this spring for field trips.

  • We promised the auditorium chairs to Roosevelt. In return we should ask if we can use their stage if our auditorium is not ready. We need a back up plan for VShow and Follies because we cannot miss our fundraisers. We should relay this to Roosevelt PTO and principal and we would obviously work around their schedule.

  • We might need to rent a space to store some stuff, the lighting etc. will need somewhere to go. The teachers and stall will use other classrooms for their storage needs. Do other schools have space to store some stuff for us?

  • Ana Bundin might have an option for some storage space as well.

  • We should have a meeting with Dr. Bednar, Mr. Imbers etc. to figure this out.

  • Box tops just got sent in and check should be back in May.

Principals Reports

  • We are finishing up our IAR testing and we are working on make-ups, that should be done by Friday.

  • We are going to have concrete in the hallways when we return from spring break. That is why all bulletin boards and walls have been stripped. So far no other bids have been made for construction.

  • VShow was a hit. We both got to see it.

  • ISA Science test for 5th graders will be taking place on April 156h

  • Chorus, Diversity Fair Book Fair, Literary STEM and bingo are all scheduled for Healthy living week at the end of April.

  • We are moving talent show to May 15th.

  • Mrs. Schaab has created a reading BINGO for spring break to encourage kids to continue to read. These are due back on April 5th. Raffle on the 18th for those who complete their bingo boards.

  • We have a new superintendent. Dr. Eric Olson from Arlington Heights. He has had a wide range of teaching and administration experience.

New Business

  • It might be helpful to send an email to parents about the cement floors that will be here after spring break so kids are not surprised.

  • Lost items will be donated. We will take a picture and tell people to please look for their stuff.

Committee Reports

Carnival – Carnival is set go on the 6th from 11-3. Games, balloons, selfie booth.

3 or 4 volunteer slots need to be filled. If anyone wants to volunteer any raffle items they will still accept. We will have iPad at check in for parents to fill out a survey. Please direct people to the table. They will have a committee member at the tables to answer questions about survey.

Screen Free Week:

Monday- Literacy night to kick off book fair, Literacy STEM night. Teachers will read and then do a hands on science activity. Would it make sense to have families register ahead of time so they can plan supplies etc.?

Tues- Chorus

Wed.- Bingo (coupons for books as prizes) Celebrity Caller. Teachers can sign things, kids love that.

Yoga meditation class sometime, just not sure when.

Chess Club- 52 kids for 2nd half of year. They are in 4 classrooms with the professional teachers. It is going really well and Washington had a tournament and some of our students participated.

Cultural Fair Night- Will be during screen free week- Ana has agreed to help organize volunteers. We will need volunteers for various things. Performers/ food/ etc. We will need 5-10 volunteers to help set up etc. We can blast a sign- up genius link when you are ready.

Walk-a thon-

Thursday May 2nd. One week only and the goal is smaller. Mrs. Schab wants money for an Innovation Station Technology for the library. Mr. Matto might incorporate some kind of PE. Prizes scaled back aslo. Should be fun, if you have an idea for a theme email Jennifer K. John Moran will be the volunteer DJ.

New Business

Concrete walk ways on Elmore. Can district add some walk ways when they do construction?

Kindergarten Round up is April 10th. Its starts at 5:30. A PTO table would be helpful. Catherine will take the lead on that. PTO should have list of committees to sign up for.

Meeting adjourned- 7:45 Tina Mcnamee, Paul D. 2nd.

Featured Posts
Posts are coming soon
Stay tuned...
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square